- Reviewer for many journals (Publons profile).
- Member of research committee of College of Optometrists, 2020-.
- Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Vision, 2023-.
- Editor for MDPI Biology, 2022-.
- Member of standing committee for the Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology of Behavior (caesar) in Bonn.
Internal to Newcastle University
I am the academic Patient and Public Engagement Coordinator for the Institute of Neuroscience.
Chair of the ethics committee for the teaching School of Psychology in the Faculty of Medical Sciences. This committee is responsible for reviewing undergraduate research in human psychology. Deputy convenor of the Faculty of Medical Sciences ethics committee and regularly review applications for it.
I am available as a mentor for postgraduate students, postdoctoral researchers and others in the Biosciences Institute.
I am module leader on course PSC3008, Physiology of the Nervous System. More details for students are available on Canvas. I supervise undergraduate project students on various degree programmes.