- Member of Editorial Board of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 2017-.
- Member of Royal Society’s International Exchanges panel, 2015-.
- Member of Steering Committee of Visual Image Interpretation in Humans and Machines, EPSRC Network for Biological and Computer Vision in the UK, 2016-2017.
- Member of Vision Science Society’s New Investigator Award Committee, 2017.
- Chair of Vision Science Society’s New Investigator Award Committee, 2018.
- Reviewer for many journals (Publons profile).
Internal to Newcastle University
I am the academic Patient and Public Engagement Coordinator for the Institute of Neuroscience.
I am chair of the ethics committee for the teaching School of Psychology in the Faculty of Medical Sciences. This committee is responsible for reviewing undergraduate research in human psychology. Newcastle psychology students can apply for ethical approval here, as per pathway laid out in http://www.ncl.ac.uk/res/research/ethics_governance/ethics/procedures/routes_for_approval.htm. I also give a lecture on ethics to psychology students. I am also a member of the Faculty of Medical Sciences ethics committee and regularly review applications for it.
I am available as a mentor for postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the Institute of Neuroscience.
I am a lecturer on course PSC3008, Physiology of the Nervous System. More details for students are available on Blackboard. I supervise undergraduate project students on various degree programmes.